[erlang-questions] Erlang package manager

Loïc Hoguin essen@REDACTED
Tue Dec 16 21:28:47 CET 2014

On 12/16/2014 07:37 PM, Tuncer Ayaz wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 16, 2014 at 1:52 PM, Loic Hoguin wrote:
>
>> Unfortunately in my case I will have to keep maintaining a separate
>> wheel because I do not want to boot the Erlang VM for these things.
>
> Curious, has the issue to do with slow startup time of the VM? If so,
> it's something that has regressed after R13, and IIRC, at least part
> of is due to new features like line numbers, but I'd have to dig out
> an old thread to be sure.

It's mostly about slow startup time, yes.

It's interesting how erlc runs very fast though, despite running Erlang
code. If the package manager was built like erlc, instead of like an
escript, it would ease my concerns very much and I might be able to
integrate it with erlang.mk (assuming there are no other issues that I
can't foresee at the moment).

--
Loïc Hoguin
http://ninenines.eu