[erlang-questions] Erlang package manager

Leonard Boyce leonard.boyce@REDACTED
Tue Dec 16 14:49:54 CET 2014

Hi Bruce,

Glad to hear there will at least be "official" work effort expended on this.

A few things I'd like to see:
- Require semver for all packages in the index
- Add/remove alternative package locations
- The ability to 'pin' a package in your local system to a specific version
- Options for both local and global install locations (ala deps vs lib
install location)
- Support for both 'archive' and 'source' versions of packages (user option)
- Package signing with signature verification
- Ability to mirror the package index and sources
- All package should have explicit license information and as a user I
should be aware of/have to explicitly accept licenses before any
package is installed

Kind regards,
Leonard