[erlang-questions] Farewell to Erlang

Ivan Carmenates García co7eb@REDACTED
Tue Apr 1 16:32:55 CEST 2014

Hi all, hi Dmitry,

Well I don’t know so good, what happened and why you are leaving, but I know that the Erlang community is getting small, since months ago I was receiving 30 emails per day from the community and now I merely receive 5 or 10 in the better cases.

I’m just a simple Erlang programmer, since 2008, but have been fan to Erlang since I met it for the first time, and I will always defend it no matter what!, but I’m not a hero, not by myself, the hero is all of us contributing every each grain bit of knowledge, and that, combined with the real heroes, the ones who are in the back-end of Erlang, the ones that build Erlang through our contributions, all of that kinds of heroes makes possible today Erlang to be recognized, if not by the common programmers, by the Companies that wants to use it because Erlang is better than its old and traditional model. All that was possible because of the heroes, and a hero never left to be a hero and never give up.

Best regards,

Ivan.