[erlang-questions] Proposal to change Erlang's license

Kalinni Gorzkis musicdenotation@REDACTED
Fri Nov 15 11:31:21 CET 2013

On Nov 15, 2013 2:51 PM, <francesco@REDACTED> wrote:

> There have been suggestions by the Erlang Industrial User Group to change
license for quite some time. Indeed, the suggestion was taken onboard and
it looks like MPL 2.0 is the chosen one. Expect an official announcement
soon.

> Francesco
>
> Kalinni Gorzkis <musicdenotation@REDACTED> wrote:
>>
>> Currently, Erlang uses the Erlang Public License, a modification of the
Mozilla Public License version 1.1. Neither is compatible with the GPL.
Recently Mozilla published version 2.0 and I think you should switch to
that for compatibility. Thanks!

> --
The original MPL 2.0 or a modified version? Don't modify the license, the
modified version will be GPL-incompatible, and the MPL 2.0 is designed to
be international.