[erlang-questions] Stopping gen_server during processing

aman mangal mangalaman93@REDACTED
Fri Nov 8 10:51:56 CET 2013

Hi,

What you want is something like Interrupts. I don't think Erlang processes
have interrupts. So there is no easy solution. But you can do it using
message passing which will require multiple processes.

To elaborate, you create another process to check records while this
process waits for more messages. When you receive a stop message, you kill
the process who is checking for records. On the other hand, if the process
is done executing (i.e. done checking records) it simply sends a success
message to the parent process.

You can read more here
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10219058/interrupting-a-process-in-erlang

Aman Mangal