[erlang-questions] Stopping gen_server during processing

Janos Hary janos.n.hary@REDACTED
Fri Nov 8 10:43:40 CET 2013

Sorry, I cannot see how could it work in Erlang.

I have a handle_info processing a large number of records:
handle_info(check, State) ->
	check_records(State).

check_records(State) ->
	do some work...
	case State#stop_flag of
		true ->
			{stop, normal, State};
		_ ->
			check_records(State)
	end.

The State in check_records cannot changed from another cast. I'm not even
sure that the cast will execute before check_records finishes.

Janos