[erlang-questions] Issues with stdin on ports

Tue Jul 30 10:43:30 CEST 2013

On Tue, Jul 30, 2013 at 8:30 AM, Anthony Grimes <i@REDACTED> wrote:

> Sure, that's an option. I'm still unclear why I can do this in every other
> language I use but not Erlang. I find it hard to believe that all other
> languages with this capability are doing something utterly stupid, but
> Erlang, being the best language in the known universe, has gotten it
> utterly correct. But once again, I'll concede.

One thing to muse about is how useful an unimplemented feature is, if said
language is more than 20 years old :)

Yes, you could add it, and it may make sense to add, but I find it way
easier to hack pygments to be able to read data in {packet, 4} format.