[erlang-questions] An approach to common test

Mahesh Paolini-Subramanya mahesh@REDACTED
Thu Jul 18 19:23:14 CEST 2013

That would actually work quite well, but you need to be sure to tear down your connections etc. in end_per_group (otherwise you'll end up w/ duplicated connections, errors, etc.)
In general, we tend to do this somewhat hierarchically, i.e.
 * init_per_suite : "Global" setup/initializations, that are done just once for the entire test run
 * init_per_group : Any additional setup/initializations necessary for the specific group of testcases being run
 * init_per_testcase : Any setup/initialization necessary for this (and only this!) testcase

Do remember to tear down pretty much everything you setup/initialized in the init_per_*.  Yes, the temptation is always there to say "yeah, the process is going to get killed so what do I care", but trust me, it *will* come back to bite you.

Cheers

Mahesh Paolini-Subramanya
That Tall Bald Indian Guy...
Google+  | Blog   | Twitter  | LinkedIn