[erlang-questions] An approach to common test

Maruthavanan Subbarayan maruthavanan_s@REDACTED
Wed Jul 17 20:46:04 CEST 2013

HI All,
I am new to common test in erlang, I just wanted to know how to approach the below scenario in common test.
I have an application that would send group of multiple messages to RMQ, and expects response in back and I have to validate in testcase, so I thought of doing the below.
all() -> [{group,general_test_group}, {group,rmq_test_group}]
groups() ->[{general_group_test, [sequence], GeneralTestList},{rmq_test_group, [sequence], RmqTestList}].
so I thought I can have init_per_group function doing all initialization stuff like queue/exchange creation and bindings and subscribings.
But I would not be getting the RMQ messages to my test case process, or I would endup in duplication by writing the above in all testcases.
Thanks in advance,Marutha