[erlang-questions] [ANN] NkSIP Erlang SIP Application Server

Motiejus Jakštys desired.mta@REDACTED
Wed Jul 10 21:10:42 CEST 2013

On Wed, Jul 10, 2013 at 6:49 PM, Carlos González Florido
<carlosj.gf@REDACTED> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm happy to announce the first open source release[1] of NkSIP, an Erlang
> framework to ease the building of SIP applications. SIP is a very powerful,
> flexible and complex protocol, and NkSIP tries to facilitate the development
> of any SIP application, including proxies and B2BUAs, allowing the developer
> to focus on the application logic.

Hi Carlos,

this is very interesting and certainly a lot of work. Can you tell us
more where this project is going? Is there (will be there) a company
backing this? In my perspective, VoIP world certainly needs something
better than Asterisk... So this is a certainly a great job, but what
next?

Also, how exactly do you plan to add distribution using riak_core?
Which parts of it are you planning to reuse and how?

That aside, why is the main applicaiton behind "nksip" folder? Why not
plainly "src", "test" in top-level folder? I did not look at the
codebase/tests yet (I will!), but want to ask this early. :-)

--
Motiejus Jakštys