[erlang-questions] A proposal for Unicode variable and atom names in Erlang.

Richard O'Keefe ok@REDACTED
Fri Oct 26 06:17:04 CEST 2012

On 23/10/2012, at 2:49 AM, Ulf Wiger wrote:

> I would also argue that today, as Open Source is extremely important,
> one should think twice about promoting coding styles that make code
> sharing much more difficult.

It is ALREADY the case that Erlang facilitates that.
Right now, nothing stops an Erlang programmer writing
comments, strings, atoms, and variables in Irish or Swahili.
Or Klingon, for that matter.

I'm sorry, but this is like a mother of six saying she
doesn't want to try sex.

Some degree of familiarity with the *letters* that a program is
written in does not mean that any part of it is intelligible.