[erlang-questions] A proposal for Unicode variable and atom names in Erlang.

Michael Richter ttmrichter@REDACTED
Tue Oct 23 10:22:19 CEST 2012

On 23 October 2012 16:20, Michael Richter <ttmrichter@REDACTED> wrote:

> On 23 October 2012 13:38, Benoit Chesneau <bchesneau@REDACTED> wrote:

> They are.  The notation used by my students in their maths books is
> completely different in many key areas from the notation I used in high
> school and university to the point that I can't read them.
>
> Oddly enough the world of maths hasn't exploded at the seams.

Note, too, that the words between the actual maths symbols which remain the
same aren't in English, so even if the maths notation was completely,
absolutely, 100% the same, the explanatory prose in between would still be
unreadable to an English reader.  So, too, are the variables often in Hanzi
instead of the Latin or Greek alphabets.