[erlang-questions] A proposal for Unicode variable and atom names in Erlang.

Yurii Rashkovskii yrashk@REDACTED
Mon Oct 22 09:15:47 CEST 2012

On Monday, October 22, 2012 12:12:22 AM UTC-7, Michael Richter wrote:

> On 22 October 2012 14:54, Yurii Rashkovskii <yra...@REDACTED<javascript:>
> > wrote:
>
>> So you're recommending them to use function names they don't understand
>> but name variables in a way they will understand and nobody else will?
>

> I guess you could read that as my recommendation (if you can't read, that
> is).

This was a question. How are they supposed to be "using their own language"
if 100% of Erlang itself is in English?

>> Could it be possible that I am able to communicate with you because of my
>> passion for programming, which indirectly made me learn English so that I
>> can understand it better?
>

> If this is what you consider "communication" to be, Yurii, then I'd say
> that your 7-year-old's passion for programming didn't help you one iota.

This is rather inappropriate, although expectable from somebody who starts
off calling his interlocutor stupid ;)