[erlang-questions] Downcase Accented characters

Yurii Rashkovskii yrashk@REDACTED
Mon Oct 22 00:02:36 CEST 2012

Roberto,

You might be able to achieve what you need by using one isolated bit of
Elixir's distribution — String.Unicode module.

it is compiled right off UnicodeData.txt so it has all the necessary data
embedded, thus saving you from talking to gen_servers or ETS tables.

And the best part is that you don't really need Elixir itself to be able to
use it:

You can
edit https://github.com/elixir-lang/elixir/blob/master/lib/elixir/priv/unicode.ex
and rename it from String.Unicode to, say, :string_unicode (to be visually
native to erlang's code) and after the compilation you'll get a beam file
you can use independently from Elixir because it doesn't use anything from
the elixir application.

Hope you'll find this helpful.