[erlang-questions] Pmods, packages, Unicode source code and column numbers in compiler - what will happen in R16?

José Valim jose.valim@REDACTED
Wed Oct 17 23:23:01 CEST 2012

And since we are talking about possibilities, would it be possible to
support some flag or configuration that sets the error_handler per node?
This way, we could remove the inheritance hack from the error_handler and
developers that need it could achieve the same functionality with their own
error_handler.

Today the error_handler can only be set via process_flag (afaik) which
would be hard to wrap properly (since you'd need to remember to set it for
each new process). This would align well with the general decision of
removing pmod from OTP but still supporting it as extension.

Regardless, I am pleased with the OTP team decisions and appreciate your
hard work!

*José Valim*
www.plataformatec.com.br
Skype: jv.ptec