[erlang-questions] Process Dictionary limitations??

Max Lapshin max.lapshin@REDACTED
Thu Oct 11 18:01:55 CEST 2012

On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 5:48 PM, Dmitry Belyaev <be.dmitry@REDACTED> wrote:
> Isn't this feature, I mean process dictionaries, much worse for functional nature of Erlang than parameterized modules?
>
> Why aren't there any words about removing pdics but there are about functional pmods?

Damn!

Why do you want to remove any feature, you are scared with?
Are you using some library that is using pdict and it spoils your
life? I think no.

Process dictionary is very, very convenient tool. It is the only way
to get information from process without sending message to it. It is
the only way to get information about process, whose message queue len
is more than several thousands of messages and you ask, when OTP will
remove it?