[erlang-questions] suitability of erlang

Rustom Mody rustompmody@REDACTED
Wed Oct 10 18:06:31 CEST 2012

On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 3:45 PM, Matthias Lang <matthias@REDACTED>wrote:

> On Wednesday, October 10, Rustom Mody wrote:
>

> Another thing: you write "under severe time-crunch", but that could
> mean "we need to ship a product in a very short time" or it could mean
> "the data has to be processed in a very short time".
>
> Matt

Well mainly the latter
But the former is also true. (When is it ever not :-))
My concern is that there is some desire to try out erlang which may be
fine... However I am wondering whether the difference between concurrency
and parallelism has not been appreciated.
http://ghcmutterings.wordpress.com/2009/10/06/parallelism-concurrency/
is a haskell implementers view of the terminology
I wonder where erlang fits in on this

Rusi