[erlang-questions] (Non)Parametrized modules, inheritance, and R15B02 issues?

Björn Gustavsson bgustavsson@REDACTED
Mon Oct 8 15:31:05 CEST 2012

On Mon, Oct 8, 2012 at 3:00 PM, Gordon Guthrie <gordon@REDACTED> wrote:

>> No, it is not. It is a recommendation to think twice about using
>> experimental fetures when writing new code or fixing old code.
>
> Yeah, but the point of building on libraries is so as not to write code at all..

We are not doing this to break people's code, but because there is
cost to keeping experimental features forever in the language.

Hopefully mochiweb will continue to work if we keep the apply/3 and
error_handler hacks; if not, the maintainers of Mochiweb and we in
the OTP team could probably come up with some solution to keep
Mochiweb working.