[erlang-questions] Erlang http servers

Roberto Ostinelli roberto@REDACTED
Tue Oct 2 18:50:34 CEST 2012

On Sun, Sep 30, 2012 at 2:29 PM, Serge Aleynikov <serge@REDACTED>wrote:

> The results are quite surprising - everyone who seems comfortable coding
> in Erlang, feels compelled to implement an HTTP server.

I find this quite offensive to all the people that are putting efforts and
releasing their own work open source (and especially in BSD/MIT terms). But
I'm sure that you only meant to be provocative. :)

I too believed that too many duplication of efforts were going on, and
that's the reason why I've stopped misultin development [1] something like
8 months ago. The main result that I've obtained in closing misultin was to
push people to concentrate efforts around cowboy and yaws, and at least as
far as cowboy goes, this has been a success (judging by the number of
products that I've helped switching over).

However, I believe everyone should do whatever they feel like. Open source
and many projects are the result of a bunch of intelligent people desires
to bring their own creatures to life., andI see nothing bad in that. I'm
actually sorry to read statements such as "diversity is bad" or "too many
options".

This. is. open sooooooooooource. [2]

r.

[1] https://github.com/ostinelli/misultin/blob/master/README.md