[erlang-questions] C:\Program Files\erlx.x.x\bin - yes or no?

Bohuslav Svancara bsvancara@REDACTED
Tue Oct 2 14:40:16 CEST 2012

The same problem here.

Windows 7 Prof 64-bit.

This installer: http://www.erlang.org/download/otp_win64_R15B02.exe
skips installation of vcredist_x64.exe.

This is its log:

Output folder: C:\Program Files\erl5.9.2
Extract: Install.ini
Extract: Install.exe... 100%
Output folder: C:\Program Files\erl5.9.2\releases
Output folder: C:\Program Files\erl5.9.2\releases\R15B02

This installer: http://www.erlang.org/download/otp_win64_R15B01.exe
Does not skip this step and installs vcredist_x64.exe.

This is its log:

Output folder: C:\Program Files\erl5.9.1
Extract: vcredist_x64.exe
Execute: "C:\Program Files\erl5.9.1\vcredist_x64.exe"
Output folder: C:\Program Files\erl5.9.1
Extract: Install.ini
Extract: Install.exe... 100%
Output folder: C:\Program Files\erl5.9.1\releases
Output folder: C:\Program Files\erl5.9.1\releases\R15B01

*otp_win64_R15B02.exe* does not create correct directory structure - see a
picture.
But if one installs *otp_win64_R15B01.exe* before *otp_win64_R15B02.exe*,
*otp_win64_R15B02.exe* creates correct directory structure (!) and runs
fine then.

Thank you.
Bob