[erlang-questions] gen_server durable queue

Alex Shneyderman a.shneyderman@REDACTED
Tue Jun 26 18:53:58 CEST 2012

> I've looked at 0MQ before, but I'm not clear what it provides me over just
> using standard Erlang message passing or using something like gproc.  Can
> you shed any light on this?

Not over Erlang, no. But you mentioned you wanted to use Rabbit. I
find Rabbit a bit
problematic as it will require an extra node to worry about, if you
want it to be reliable
you will need more than one. 0MQ is a library that has no such
requirements it will
live on any node you start but you will have to encode reliability on
your own. Hence
my reference to zguide, which explains exactly how to do it.

Cheers,
Alex.