[erlang-questions] supervisor with obstinate restart policy — are there any implementations?

Max Lapshin max.lapshin@REDACTED
Tue Jun 26 11:43:32 CEST 2012

Hi.

I think that many people have met with OTP supervisor problem: if your
supervisor must work with external resource,
and this resource is down, you get system, brought down after some restarts.

I think that there are many implementations of trackers, that restart
such jobs and thus reimplement OTP supervisors.

Have anyone implemented supervisor that is OTP compatible, and doesn't
fail on frequent worker restarts,
but starts to restart less and less frequent?