[erlang-questions] gen_server durable queue

Alex Shneyderman a.shneyderman@REDACTED
Tue Jun 26 08:11:54 CEST 2012

> I'm wondering if anyone has done any work on building a gen_server
> replacement which uses a durable queue.  I'm looking to build a command bus
> and I cannot lose messages if the node goes down.  I was thinking of using
> Rabbit, but it seems like overkill for me and just another component I have
> to worry about.

Did you look at ZeroMQ? Look at the last reliability pattern, called
titanic in the
guide (http://zguide.zeromq.org). 0MQ is a library hence it will not
seem like an
overkill. That is of course just one reason to use 0MQ for others read
the guide,
it is actually very much worth it.