[erlang-questions] Trace-Driven Development

Michael Turner michael.eugene.turner@REDACTED
Tue Jun 5 18:43:04 CEST 2012

On Wed, Jun 6, 2012 at 12:46 AM, Ulf Wiger <ulf@REDACTED> wrote:

> Whatever factual points you may have raised in this discussion,
> I've had enough of your sarcasm and insults.

Nice timing, because I've had enough of the contradictions in what you write.

Speaking of which, is it really true, as you say, that seq_trace
doesn't work between nodes? In "Distribution", the documentation says:

"Sequential tracing between nodes is performed transparently .... In
order to be able to perform sequential tracing between distributed
Erlang nodes, the distribution protocol has been extended (in a
backward compatible way). An Erlang node which supports sequential
tracing can communicate with an older (OTP R3B) node but messages
passed within that node can of course not be traced."

Always helps to know what you're talking about, and have actual
evidence for what you claim. In this case, I have no evidence, not
having tried it.

-michael turner