[erlang-questions] unanswered beginner questions in the list

Tim Watson watson.timothy@REDACTED
Fri Jun 1 09:27:34 CEST 2012

On 01/06/2012 08:22, Joe Armstrong wrote:
> I think it would be a good idea if those of us who might qualify as being
> "knowledgeable persons" could take the trouble to occasionally answer
>   questions from apparent beginners that have not been answered.
>
> After a threshold of say 3 days - then at least *somebody* could attempt
> an answer so that beginner to Erlang don't feel unloved when they
> reach to this list.

It would be easier to do this if there was a some kind of separate feed
for mail that hasn't been answered in the last 3 days or whatever.
Otherwise you loose a lot of cycles actually keeping track of who has
asked what, and I suspect that is the time killer for a lot of people,
rather than not having time to answer basic questions.

I have *no idea* about managing mailing list software, so I'm not even
sure if that idea is feasible.