[erlang-questions] Local namespaces in case/try

José Valim jose.valim@REDACTED
Sun Jul 15 12:35:18 CEST 2012

> -rework case/if/receive statements to introduce their own namespaces. It
> will not break any code that compiles without warnings, because reuse of
> variables outside of case/if/receive emits a warning right now.

Please don't. I would actually prefer if we didn't emit a warning in the
first place (in fact I frequently disable it). This is a convenient feature
and the compiler is smart enough to let us know if the variable is assigned
in just one branch, which would introduce runtime errors.