[erlang-questions] How to configure otp for a debug build (with otp_build)?

Winston Smith smith.winston.101@REDACTED
Thu Sep 8 19:37:33 CEST 2011

Trying to get to the bottom of a segmentation fault on my cross
compiled version of R14B03 on an AVR32 (this is running a
reltool/rebar generated "node"):

beam[1440]: segfault at 36842a0e pc 2b7cc05e sp 7ff27668 ecr 24

I had no luck with a core file (even with +d) and I also tried adding
+v, but I get the message:

warning: -v (only in debug compiled code)

I need to rebuild in debug mode, but I couldn't immediately find any
documentation on using otp_build to produce a debug build.

Since this is cross compiled, I'm using otp_build with the xcomp
configuration file erl-xcomp-avr32-atmel-linux-gnu.conf.

Could someone give me a pointer on how to configure a cross compiled
erlang for a debug build?

Many thanks.