[erlang-questions] BNF/EBNF Grammar for Erlang

Richard Carlsson carlsson.richard@REDACTED
Fri Nov 11 21:36:58 CET 2011

On 11/11/2011 09:28 PM, Ryan Molden wrote:
> Yeah, no luck.  Neotoma (near as I can tell) is based at seancribbs /
> neotoma (with numerous forks).  It is a parser generator for Erlang
> that *understands* PEGs, it does not, itself, contain a PEG for the
> actual Erlang language, just some trivial PEG examples for things like
> JSON and some simple DSLs.
> I am looking for an up-to-date BNF/EBNF/PEG grammar for the Erlang
> language itself.

I don't quite grasp what you're looking for. If you can't understand
https://github.com/erlang/otp/blob/master/lib/stdlib/src/erl_parse.yrl,
(which is about as clear as it can get) how can you hope to understand
*any* complete BNF grammar for Erlang?

    /Richard