[erlang-questions] BNF/EBNF Grammar for Erlang

Ryan Molden ryanmolden@REDACTED
Fri Nov 11 21:55:57 CET 2011

I'll assume that wasn't meant to be as condescending as it came off to me.

>which is about as clear as it can get

Yeah, something about
binary_type -> '<<' '>>' : {type, ?line('$1'),binary,
[abstract(0, ?line('$1')),
abstract(0, ?line('$1'))]}.

binary_type -> '<<' bin_base_type '>>' : {type, ?line('$1'),binary,
['$2', abstract(0, ?line('$1'))]}.

Doesn't scream out to me 'as clear as it gets'!  But reasonable people can
disagree.  As for how I would understand a full BNF/EBNF...well I am
familar with that format so I think I would somehow manage, even with my
lack of YRL familiarity.

Joe's response about how to parse the YRL (specifically pointing out I
could ignore the stuff to the right of the ':', which was most of the
'noise' for me) was much more helpful.

Ryan