[erlang-questions] problems getting bigwig deps

Loïc Hoguin essen@REDACTED
Tue Nov 1 03:08:20 CET 2011

On 11/01/2011 02:56 AM, Wes James wrote:
> I was trying to get bigwig going from the spawnfest, but I get an
> error on one server:
>
> ./rebar get-deps
> ==> bigwig (get-deps)
> Pulling cowboy from {git,"https://github.com/smarkets/cowboy.git","master"}
> Cloning into cowboy...
> Pulling jsx from {git,"https://github.com/spawnfest/jsx.git","beamspirit"}
> Cloning into jsx...
> ==> cowboy (get-deps)
> Pulling quoted from {git,"git://git.corp.smarkets.com/quoted.erl.git",
>                          {tag,"1.0.3"}}
> fatal: Unable to look up git.corp.smarkets.com (port 9418) (nodename
> nor servname provided, or not known)
> Cloning into quoted...
> ERROR: git clone -n git://git.corp.smarkets.com/quoted.erl.git quoted
> failed with error: 128
>
> is there a another place to get quoted.erl.git or the deps for cowboy?
>
> Ok - I see the rebar config in cowboy.  Is it ok to update with the
> stuff at github?  There is a github for quoted, but not for proper.
> Ok, again, quoted.erl from github worked. But is that a special proper
> that is needed?
>
> Well, I found a version of proper on github too and git cloned that so
> I'll see what happens.

AFAIK they simply forked to make sure the project worked for the judges.
So there shouldn't be any special modifications to cowboy, quoted or
proper. Proper is only used for tests anyway so it's no big deal to not
have it.

Quoted is required but you found the link. Should work!

Would be nice to have Bigwig maintained but I guess they don't have much
free time to do it.

--
Loïc Hoguin
Dev:Extend