[erlang-questions] Documentation Format Changes (erldocs)

Dale Harvey dale@REDACTED
Wed Jun 22 17:45:03 CEST 2011

It seems like if we need to cross reference the documentation xml with the
type annotations in the source, what is the point in having docbuilder
generate intermediary xml (with a constantly changing and non documented
schema) at all? we could just generate the output format directly from the
source.

the only reason I dont do now is that a good chunk of the documentation (the
important modules like lists etc) are only available in the xml format and
not in the source.

the old documentation used to take edoc formatted type annotations and embed
them into the generated xml (like shown above). the format may be different
but I cant see why that isnt far better than cross referencing stuff.

Cheers
Dale