[erlang-questions] Erlang for Speech Recognition

Ivan Uemlianin ivan@REDACTED
Sun Jun 19 17:04:23 CEST 2011

Dear Bob

Thanks for your comments.

On 19/06/11 15:07, Bob Paddock wrote:

> You start with the audio processor, and the rest of the front end.
>   If that doesn't work then any down stream work you do is wasted time.

Sensible.  The audio processor is in the lead so far.

> Consider a different approach such as  Extrema  Processing...

I'm afraid I'm not familiar with Extrema Processing.  Can you give me
some pointers?  Do you knoe if it's used in speech recognition?

Using Mel-Frequency Cepstral Coefficients removes many speaker-dependent
properties of the signal (like voice pitch).  I don't know much about
voice identification, but I imagine you'd abstract out a different set
of features (e.g., you'd probably want to keep voice pitch).

Best wishes

Ivan

Ivan A. Uemlianin

                     ivan@REDACTED
                      www.llaisdy.com
                          llaisdy.wordpress.com
                      www.linkedin.com/in/ivanuemlianin

     "Froh, froh! Wie seine Sonnen, seine Sonnen fliegen"
                      (Schiller, Beethoven)