[erlang-questions] A PropEr announcement

Vlad Dumitrescu vladdu55@REDACTED
Thu Jun 16 08:30:28 CEST 2011

Hi,

This kind of issues are worse than flame wars! :-)

I have yet another point of view that increases the confusion: PropEr is
mostly compatible with Triq and QuickCheck (there's a free older version).
Each tool might have their extensions, but the basic functionality is the
same and it should be possible to run basic tests with any one of them (if
not at the moment, then in the future). Now if I distribute property-based
tests with my open-sourced application, the users could in principle use any
one of the tools to execute them. In this case, would the tests still be
affected by the fact that PropEr is GPL? If I have tests that depend on a
certain behaviour that only PropEr has, and those tests are ifdef'd, does
that change the answer to the previous question?

best regards,
Vlad