[erlang-questions] A PropEr announcement

Max Lapshin max.lapshin@REDACTED
Thu Jun 16 08:13:18 CEST 2011

Damn, what a problem in GPL for a testing program?
Guys just want to protect their investment, but want to make a free
advertisement by offering their excelent product to community.
If it would be MIT, they can see their work in commercial product
without any profit for them.

There is absolutely no problem in using GPL software to test your
products: just don't include it into distribution.

Tests are not part of PropEr, but if any of you is afraid of GPL
virus, so don't include tests into your main repository: keep it
separate.
For example, I don't include test files for erlyvideo tests into
repository, because I don't want accidential discussions with their
potential copyright holders.

Btw, about PropEr. It is so widely told, that it is a magic tool, that
can remove all bugs in software, that I'm very interested to try it.
I will try to find time for it and tell if it helped me with erlyvideo or not.