[erlang-questions] file systems events mac -> erlang

Todd Greenwood t.greenwoodgeer@REDACTED
Wed Jun 1 17:00:24 CEST 2011

Another approach would be to use the mac replacement for cron, called
launchd. Your script can be launched by events such as cron-like
calendar intervals (StartCalendarInterval), file changes (WatchPaths),
mounts added/removed (StartOnMount), network stuff (Sockets), etc:

http://developer.apple.com/library/mac/#documentation/Darwin/Reference/ManPages/man5/launchd.plist.5.html

Here's a tutorial for backing up w/ launchd:
http://www.macresearch.org/tutorial_backups_with_launchd

-Todd