[erlang-questions] [ANN] Lager - a new logging framework for Erlang/OTP

Max Lapshin max.lapshin@REDACTED
Fri Jul 22 06:22:56 CEST 2011

> You're not the first person to mention this, so clearly there are
> compelling reasons to do so. My motivation for sticking with
> error_logger was that it has been battle tested for a very long time,
> and is therefore reliable.

It has been tested for several times and considered a VM OOM killer,
when you have to deal more than
with 1 MB of state.

This is why it is one of the first things, done in erlyvideo: turn off
error_logger

Erlang is a platform is excelent. erlyvideo can crush down only
because of error_logger and it happened earlier.