[erlang-questions] Erlang Web Servers challenge

Zabrane Mickael zabrane3@REDACTED
Wed Jul 6 13:59:42 CEST 2011

> Why is nginx outside of the challenge scope?

Nginx or anything else are out of scope[1] at this time.
This will not prevent you to write a simple cache in (pure) Erlang for the challenge.

>  If you want "to compare Erlang Web servers with other competitors (not written in Erlang)", surely nginx is one of the main competitors?

Yes, but Nginx is written in C.

[1] I'm planning to ask the authors of the other tools (like Cherokee, Apache2, Lighttpd + Nginx, Varnish, ...)
and let them know about the challenge (with the same rules of course).