[erlang-questions] Erlang Web Servers challenge

Ivan Uemlianin ivan@REDACTED
Wed Jul 6 13:50:13 CEST 2011

On 06/07/2011 12:42, Zabrane Mickael wrote:
>> What are you trying to show with this benchmark? That is, what is the
>> goal of it?
>
> At the end of the day, I'll try to compare Erlang Web servers with others
> competitors (not written in Erlang).
>
>> Serving a static file is something nginx and a couple of
>> Haskell HTTP servers are very good at (see the Warp-project).
>
> Please, just follow and stick to the rules.
> Nginx or Varnish (https://www.varnish-cache.org/) or any HTTP
> accelerator are out of this challenge scope.

Why is nginx outside of the challenge scope?  If you want "to compare
Erlang Web servers with other competitors (not written in Erlang)",
surely nginx is one of the main competitors?

Best wishes

Ivan

Ivan A. Uemlianin

                     ivan@REDACTED
                      www.llaisdy.com
                          llaisdy.wordpress.com
                      www.linkedin.com/in/ivanuemlianin

     "Froh, froh! Wie seine Sonnen, seine Sonnen fliegen"
                      (Schiller, Beethoven)