[erlang-questions] Bundler like framework in erlang ?

Johan Wärlander johan@REDACTED
Tue Feb 22 17:43:24 CET 2011

I think you can handle project-specific dependencies fairly well with Rebar
for example, though there are probably many decent approaches to this..
Check out tools like Agner, Faxien and Sinan - I think they all belong in
the same landscape. Might be wrong though, sending from phone so can't check
my references right now ;)

Rgds,
Johan Wärlander
Den 22 feb 2011 17.24 skrev "Nicholas Wieland" <ngw@REDACTED>:
> Hi *, I'm starting my first project in Erlang, and deeply enjoying the
experience.
> My question is mainly about the ecosystem and how to use it at my
advantage than a question about the language itself, if this is not the
right place I would be glad if you can point me at the right resource.
> I would like to use mochikit, cappuccino.erl and an S3 library, to develop
an HTTP service that has to integrate with a RoR app and ping it back after
doing some work. It's not a complex service (I'm new after all), but it
*must* be asynchronous and handle quite some load, that's why I thought
Erlang would be perfect (and I *must* get my hands dirty in a way or another
:).

> A lot of libraries I want to use are external (most of them are hosted by
github), I wanted to ask if there's something like bundler to manage all
this (http://gembundler.com/) or alternative native ways to automate the
development and the deployment of the whole thing (I was thinking for
example at Clojure's Leinigen).
> Bear with me, I'm a newbie.
>
> TIA,
> ngw
>
> --
> Nicholas Wieland
> ngw@REDACTED
> StyleJam BDFL
>
> The only "intuitive" interface is the nipple. After that it's all learned.
– Bruce Ediger