[erlang-questions] Bundler like framework in erlang ?

Eric Merritt ericbmerritt@REDACTED
Tue Feb 22 17:37:30 CET 2011

There a few different things out there.

For managing dependencies there is faxien, agner and cean. These will
get code onto your box

For building there is sinan and rebar, emake and make. I am partial to
sinan since I wrote it, but rebar is fairly popular and emake/make are
the venerable grand fathers.

Eric

On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 05:21:55PM +0100, Nicholas Wieland wrote:
> Hi *, I'm starting my first project in Erlang, and deeply enjoying the experience.
> My question is mainly about the ecosystem and how to use it at my advantage than a question about the language itself, if this is not the right place I would be glad if you can point me at the right resource.
> I would like to use mochikit, cappuccino.erl and an S3 library, to develop an HTTP service that has to integrate with a RoR app and ping it back after doing some work. It's not a complex service (I'm new after all), but it *must* be asynchronous and handle quite some load, that's why I thought Erlang would be perfect (and I *must* get my hands dirty in a way or another :).
>
> A lot of libraries I want to use are external (most of them are hosted by github), I wanted to ask if there's something like bundler to manage all this (http://gembundler.com/) or alternative native ways to automate the development and the deployment of the whole thing (I was thinking for example at Clojure's Leinigen).
> Bear with me, I'm a newbie.
>
> TIA,
>   ngw
>
> --
> Nicholas Wieland
> ngw@REDACTED
> StyleJam BDFL
>
> The only "intuitive" interface is the nipple. After that it's all learned. – Bruce Ediger

Eric Merritt
Erlang & OTP in Action (Manning) http://manning.com/logan
http://twitter.com/ericbmerritt
http://erlware.org