[erlang-questions] Caching server

Rapsey rapsey@REDACTED
Mon Feb 21 15:41:03 CET 2011

Erlang can handle a large number of processes, but I don't really think
having a process for every k/v pair is that good of an idea unless the
amount of k/v pairs is relatively small. Processes are lightweight, but
they're not that lightweight, you're still adding quite a few bytes to every
k/v pair which adds up to quite a lot when you're in the hundreds of
thousands or millions of k/v pairs.