[erlang-questions] EPmail-0.2 released

Rickard Cardell rickard.cardell@REDACTED
Fri Feb 18 15:19:47 CET 2011

Hello

2011/2/18 Max Lapshin <max.lapshin@REDACTED>

> On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 3:21 PM, Alexander Kuleshov
> <kuleshovmail@REDACTED> wrote:
> > Hello Max,
> >
> >>I have 4 GB of mail. It would be more, if google allowed to send 100 MB
> emails.
> >>I don't see any reason to store user emails in anything except plain
> files.

Quite nice if you have a decent low number of files but as emails can be
somewhat private I personally wouldn't prefer it as easy readable files.

> > User email storing in plain files, in dets storing only Username --
> > Password data.
>
> I STRONGLY advise you to hide mnesia/dets in module.
> Someone will require to use postgresql user storage, other one will
> need /etc/passwd storage.

OT:
I would add CouchDB. It would be a quite nice fit since you can store
attachments inline in documents or directly on disk. It would also be quite
easy to write a light weight frontend to display the emails for the user.
User authentication, replication are also in-built.

> mnesia is the most badly administrable choice, because there are no
> command line tools to look inside mnesia file
> and I can hardly imaging clustering abilities for mail server =)

//Rickard

--
Rickard Cardell

Tel: +468- 120 120 00