[erlang-questions] RE: Mnesia Fragmentation - Adding a new fragment

Ulf Wiger ulf.wiger@REDACTED
Sat Feb 12 03:18:23 CET 2011

Hi Matthew,

Mnesia actually does all the rehashing within the schema transaction that adds the fragment, so the table will be locked. Queries within transactions will run either before or after the rehash. Dirty queries may return unexpected results.

And, yes, mnesia will put the disc_copies on different nodes. It is not in fact possible to have two replicas of a table on the same node. Mnesia will abort if there are not enough nodes in the node pool to create the requested number of replicas.

BR,
Ulf W