[erlang-questions] How to connect erlang nodes over IPv6 (on Ubuntu 10.04 server installations, Erlang R14B1)?

Tony Rogvall tony@REDACTED
Sat Feb 5 23:02:24 CET 2011

Hi!

Yes the -proto_dist inet6_tcp is required, since the default is inet_tcp. A (near) future release may even
default to handle both ipv6 and ipv4. The transition to ipv6 will happen any day now ;-)

Any how, at least on my mac I discovered that epmd did not accept IPv6 connection for
looking up the port name.

(ipv4)
erl_epmd:port_please("b", {127,0,0,1}, 1000).
{port,65347,5}

(ipv6)
erl_epmd:port_please("b", {0,0,0,0,0,0,0,1}, 1000).
noport

I have not been hacking on this for years ! Any one know the status of this ?

/Tony