[erlang-questions] Erlang program and bash/Munin communication

Max Bourinov bourinov@REDACTED
Fri Dec 30 19:29:14 CET 2011

Hi Dear Erlangers!

I want to plot some stats from my Erlang program in munin (
http://munin-monitoring.org/). For that I have to call it somehow from
bash/sh script. Standart munin setup calls the script every 5 minutes.

So, I want to know, what is a best way to establish one way (Erlang ->
Bash) communication?

One of approaches could be when Erlang program writes file to somewhere
like /var/run/erl-prog and bash script reads it.

Is there are any other simpler options available?

p.s. I know that ejabberd has some interface to bash, but its code too
complex to my task.

Best regards,
Max