trouble compiling : crypto.c

zhong ming wu mr.z.m.wu@REDACTED
Mon Oct 11 17:20:53 CEST 2010

Hello List

I am an erlang newbie; my need for erlang is to install ejabberd. I have
successfully compiled latest erlang on rhel 5.4/5.5. Now I need to do the
same on rhel 4.8; one difference from the previous machines is that openssl
is not a packaged version; it is installed from source at /usr/local/ssl

./configure --help says that I can supply --with-ssl=PATH for openssl lib
and include dir. That said I tried giving it various combinations of lib
and/or include dir to --with-ssl But "make" keeps failing with crypto.c not
finding symbols.

Can someone give me correct syntax to make the installation work?
./configure process does not seem to complain the options I gave in that at
the end of ./configure "openssl not found" message is not issued with for
example --with-ssl=/usr/local/ssl/lib option. But "make" fails on compiling
crypto.c

Thanks

Mr. Wu