[erlang-questions] trouble compiling : crypto.c

Kresten Krab Thorup krab@REDACTED
Mon Oct 11 18:23:09 CEST 2010

Hi,

You need to use the otp_build script to build Erlang, not "make" directly.  That confused me for a while.  Perhaps that is the problem?  run ./otp_build with no arguments to get a usage message displayed.  Further instructions are in the file INSTALL.md in the top-level directory.

Kresten

On Oct 11, 2010, at 17:20 , zhong ming wu wrote:

> Hello List
>
> I am an erlang newbie; my need for erlang is to install ejabberd. I have
> successfully compiled latest erlang on rhel 5.4/5.5. Now I need to do the
> same on rhel 4.8; one difference from the previous machines is that openssl
> is not a packaged version; it is installed from source at /usr/local/ssl
>
> ./configure --help says that I can supply --with-ssl=PATH for openssl lib
> and include dir. That said I tried giving it various combinations of lib
> and/or include dir to --with-ssl But "make" keeps failing with crypto.c not
> finding symbols.
>
> Can someone give me correct syntax to make the installation work?
> ./configure process does not seem to complain the options I gave in that at
> the end of ./configure "openssl not found" message is not issued with for
> example --with-ssl=/usr/local/ssl/lib option. But "make" fails on compiling
> crypto.c
>
> Thanks
>
> Mr. Wu

Kresten Krab Thorup, CTO, Trifork