[erlang-questions] Re: Shared/Hybrid Heap

Robert Virding robert.virding@REDACTED
Tue Oct 19 12:05:39 CEST 2010

No, it's never copied. That is one of the benefits/problems with the process dictionary is that it keeps its data on the normal process heap. There is no need to copy data as with ETS but large amounts of data negatively affect GC times.

Apart from the fact that it is mutable and therefore naughty to use. :-)

Robert