[erlang-questions] Curiosity about MochiWeb (no questions this time)

Pablo Platt pablo.platt@REDACTED
Fri Nov 5 10:17:12 CET 2010

I'm using Mochiweb for long-polling.
Each request can take 60 seconds.
I didn't change the default settings so how come I didn't have issues with the 2
seconds limit?
Does it means that I won't be able to have more than 16 concurrent long-polling
requests?

________________________________
From: AJ Heller <aj@REDACTED>
To: Alessandro Sivieri <alessandro.sivieri@REDACTED>
Cc: Erlang Questions <erlang-questions@REDACTED>
Sent: Thu, November 4, 2010 11:17:05 PM
Subject: Re: [erlang-questions] Curiosity about MochiWeb (no questions this
time)

Mochiweb spawns a pool of short-lived processes (from the
`mochiweb_acceptor` module), and re-spawns new acceptor processes when
each finishes/times-out. The default settings are: 16 processes are
alive at a time, and they timeout after 2 seconds.

I did some analysis of the Mochiweb code a while back. There's a
diagram at the bottom of the page that lays out the program flow.
http://drfloob.com/wiki/erlang_mochiweb_walkthrough.html

--aj