[erlang-questions] log_mf_h and rb do not handle terms over 65k

Tue May 18 18:18:34 CEST 2010

On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 4:53 PM, Garret Smith <garret.smith@REDACTED> wrote:
> Would the PTB be more willing to accept a backwards compatible patch that
> either truncates the term or replaces it with a "Term too big" message?

I would definitely recommend replacing it with a term-too-big message.
As it stands at the moment, the bug means that the rest of your log
becomes unusable because it can't be read correctly. That is a log
worse than missing out on a single crash report.

--
J.